Middle School Nurse's Page
VCMS Nurse:  Leslie Bolte 

Welcome to the VCMS Health Room  

I am available: Monday - Friday  from 7:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.

Contact me:

Or call: 316.755.7060


VCMS will have the Sedgwick County Health Department here for a Tdap Clinic (other vaccines will also be available - click on link for information) March 7, during the school day.

ALL 7th graders are required by the State of Kansas to have a Tdap vaccine so this is a way for current 6th graders to be ready for next school year.

Parents, please sign the consent forms (see link below) ahead of time and send a copy of your child's current insurance card.  For those without insurance, there is no charge.

Information on other vaccines - link HERE
Consent form in English - link HERE
Consent form in Spanish - link HERE

Summer is a great time to get physicals and vaccinations out of the way!
If you have a student that will be a new 7th grader at VCMS they will need to have had a Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis) by the Fall. May is a great time to make doctor’s appointments for this. Also, if your child has asthma, diabetes, severe allergies, seizures or other health issues requiring nursing intervention at school, please have your doctor fill out a nursing care plan while you are there. Children who are asthmatic and wish to carry their inhaler on their person, also need doctor’s permission (form can be downloaded off usd262 website, under “Health Services” and scroll down to “Medication Form”).

Please bring in your pink cards from summer Dental appointments also!

If you have questions, please feel free to email me at

Prescription Medications: The Request to Administer Medication form will need to be signed by the parent/guardian and the MD/Health Care Provider before the medication can be given by the School Nurse. Once the form is completed by the parent/guardian I can fax it to the MD/Health Care provider's office for signature if needed.

OTC (Over-The-Counter): The Request to Administer Medication form will need to be completed by the parent/guardian only. Doctor's signature is not required for OTC meds.

Along with the completed Request to Administer Medication form, the medication will need to be provided by the parent/guardian in the original container, this is for all OTC (Over-The-Counter) and Prescriptions medications. This will need to be done before any medication can be given at the school.