WATCH D.O.G.S. ® (Dads Of Great Students)
is an innovative father involvement, educational initiative of the National Center For Fathering. There are 2 primary goals of the WATCH D.O.G.S. ® program.
1) To provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
2) To provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.
Who are WatchDOGS (Dads Of Great Students)?
WatchDOGS are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figureswho volunteer for at least one day each year at VCIS. During the day,WatchDOGS may read and work on flash cards with students, play at activity time, eat lunch with students, watch the school entrances and hallways, assist with traffic flow and any other assigned activities where they actively engage with not only their own students, but other students as well.
How Do I Sign Up?
It's easy! There are just three simple steps to sign up as a VCIS WatchDOG:
1. Fill out the USD 262 volunteer application by clicking on the link below:
USD 262 Volunteer Application
- Click on the Volunteer Box and fill it out to be
approved to volunteer in Valley Center Schools.
2. Sign up for a day that works for your schedule at:
3. Order your official WatchDOGs uniform by clicking here:
All WatchDOGS will receive an orientation and daily schedule when theyarrive. For more information, you may contact Nicole Burdette, VCIS School Counselor, at 755-7050 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
for the WATCH DOGS end of day survey.